Thursday, December 21, 2006

Young Living Essential Bits 237

Stop Smoking!
I am new to Young Living and after receiving my first order about a month
and a half ago, I put on Valor followed by Harmony and almost immediately
had no desire to smoke. I even tried to keep smoking and not only did the
cigarettes taste horrible, but the mental and emotional disparity between
poisoning myself with cigarettes and these beautiful healthful essential
oils was so striking I had to stop. I've quit more times than I can count
and this was probably the first time I was able to stop cold turkey with
almost no emotional and physical withdrawal. I went through a bottle of
Harmony in the first 10 days and lots of Valor, Grounding and some White
Angelica.

A drop of Thieves under the tongue helps a lot and has worked even in
people who have smoked for many years.
Diane

Dear Jacke

Several of my organizations have used Peace and Calming to stop smoking and
other obsessive behavior. They put on the sides of the neck and on the
bottom of the feet. This is also a wonderful perfume!
Fragrantly Yours,
Carol

Dear Lorie and JOYgroup

I quit smoking December 31, 2000. I was tired of being a smoker and
smelling like an ashtray. But it was also my best friend that comforted me
when all went right and wrong in my life. I was frightened of living
without my buddies and I was frightened of failing. But guess what?

I DID IT! Clove and Peppermint dropped in my mouth at different times
throughout the day helped with cravings. I used Clove most of the time, but
when the craving overwhelmed me I put a drop of Peppermint on my tongue and
took several deep breaths. It worked like a charm! Sulfurzyme every day
and orange juice also helped.

Looking back, I should have cleansed during this time. I wholeheartedly
believe it wouldn't have been as difficult if I had cleansed (including
liver cleanse) while I was quitting. (Cleansing Trio and re_JUVA-nate Kit)

Plan for success - get a game plan on how to deal with the cravings. I used
Clove and Peppermint for my cravings. Water and orange juice were other
ways of adding strength to fight the cravings. I would play a game of
Solitaire to reward myself for getting through a craving without "caving
in" to it! You must truly want to quit or nothing will work. There are no
quick potions to halt emotional and physical cravings, only these wonderful
oils to lend assistance when needed! Peace and Calming, Hope, Joy,
Forgiveness, Harmony and Into the Future are other oils I found helpful on
my adventure to be smoke free! Peace and Calming is my favorite!
PLAN FOR SUCCESS!

Congratulations to your sister for wanting to quit! She has taken the first
big step! I pray she finds the strength deep within to give herself the
gift of life! Pass this on to her - congratulations!

With kindest remembrances. Namaste, Nicole

Hi,
In the Joy group a lady wrote to me that in doing Raindrops on the
smokers, they need to be turned on their back to bake the oils in the
last step. She wrote that this was because the toxin in the lungs
should not go forward into the breast tissues. (from Gary Young's
instructions) Gary said that the oils draw the nicotine, tar and other
toxins out the back. She said that an odd residue was left on the towels
when doing the technique with smokers.
Another thing to do is to build up all of the other systems. The
Bodygize and Pure Protein Complete are excellent, as is the Power Meal, and
NingXia Red.
Also make sure the colon is in good working condition to allow the
toxins to flow out---Comfortone, ICP and Essentialzyme.
Just a few ideas to add to the wonderful ideas in this group.
rose


This answered the question I had about
the sodium benzoate in NingXia Red.............
Greetings:

I know Young Living was required to put a tiny amount of sodium benzoate in
NinjXia Red, but I received information that the sodium benzoate they use is
from a natural source. (Also – the NingXia Red would turn to wine before it
arrived at our homes, if we didn’t have that in there---because it is raw,
unpasteurized.)

I copied the following from an article on sodium benzoate - - and will
gladly share where I got it.

“Sodium benzoate is freely found in nature, and in fact, even organically
grown cranberries or prunes can contain levels of benzoic acid that exceed
the legal limit imposed by the FDA on U.S. food manufacturers (0.1% by
weight), although the level normally found in berries will be in the range
of 0.05 to 0.1%.” Natural sodium benzoate is not harmful.

I’m not a chemist but, but I recommend those interested read Dr. Stewart’s
book on The Chemistry of Essential Oils made Simple. It’s a big book, but
it explains very well how a natural substance is often recreated as a
synthetic chemical in the laboratory and given the same name. And how, when
made in a laboratory, it isn’t the same any more, and the body does not
recognize it –even though it is the same formula – and has the same name as
it’s nature-created, natural cousin. Also, synthetic chemicals that have
not been grown in nature, or have been tampered with, do not contain the
‘life force’ or energy around it that nature-grown, organic plants and
compounds have.
Didi


Roman Chamomile essential oil for tooth pain................
susan's note: Never would have thought to suggest this oil for tooth issues!
I also had some surprising teeth problems right when I was to teach a three
day class out of state, so I used Roman chamomile for the pain, 1-2 drops
on the base of the occiput ( it was a wisdom tooth) and the jaw line. lt would
last for about 4-6 hours and helped me get through the class until I could
get home to my dentist-of course it was abcessed and I should not have
been just masking the pain, but pain relief is so important when things hurt.

Kimberly Coleman


Taming a root canal flare-up................................
I wanted to share this information with you because this past September one of the
reasons that I was unable to attend the Young Living '06 convention was because
of a toothache I got 2 days before the event.

I knew that others had used essential oils for toothache, so I went to my computer files
and dug them up. This tooth that was hurting was a tooth I had a root canal in some 8+
years ago. I got out my bottle of Thieves and Helichrysum essential oils and would put a
couple drops on a Q-Tip and rubbed all sides of the tooth, I layered the oils. I knew teeth
have all these little tubes in which nutrients and so forth flowed through and that teeth are
porous, I thought if I could work the essential oils into the tooth sides as much as possible
that it would help the beneficial properties of the oils get "inside" the tooth. I did this
several times a day. I also rinsed my mouth with the Fresh Essence/Thieves Mouthwash
before applying the essential oils.

Even though it still hurt and the side of my face was swollen due to the infected tooth I
was able to sleep just fine. I couldn't really talk much or normal, or eat/chew, but I was
able to get sleep which I think says a lot.

I also found that I had the best results when I applied the essential oils every 2 1/2 to 3
1/2 hours that it made a big difference and alleviated a good bit of the pain. I tried not to
get too much oil down the inside of my mouth because I knew the skin there is quite
delicate and because I'd be doing many applications a day I certainly didn't want to risk
irritating the skin. I did rub the Q-Tip at the tooth & gum area thinking that it would help
the oils to get down deeper as I knew the infection was also spreading into my jaw. I also
applied Helichrysum on my face focusing around the jaw and neck area.

After using the mouthwash and essential oils about 4 days later I was almost pain-free
and able to chew soft foods slowly. By the 5th day, the pain was 100% gone, swelling
gone, and I could chew anything I wanted to eat. No trip to the dentist either!

What I am going to be doing in the future as a preventative is this: at least once a week
applying Thieves essential oil using a Q-Tip to that root canal tooth and neighboring
teeth, and be certain to use the Fresh Essence/Thieves Mouthwash at least twice a day.
If I find the tooth is giving me health problems in the future I will have it taken out.
Hope this experience of mine and this interview can help others.
Evelyn Vincent


Rosemary essential oil opens sinus'.......................
Hello,
I made an amazing discovery the other night that completely opened my sinuses
the next morning. I do allot of bodywork and my shoulder area and C 7 to T
3 really ache sometimes. So, I applied Palo Santo, Wintergreen, Basil, and
for some reason I grabbed Rosemary. Usually I just used the first 3 oils but
by adding the Rosemary (as a relaxant), the next morning, I blew lots of
mucus from my sinuses and my whole head felt so open and I have not felt like
that for a very long time. I attribute that to the Rosemary. Wow! It just
shows that out bodies are so chemically different and how different oils works
that blend with our own body chemistry. It is so much fun discovering how the
oils work with each one of us. So, don't be afraid to experiment with the
oils. It is amazing what you will discover about your body and the oils.
Just wanted to share.
Merry


Valor Essential Oil Blend---
the Chiropractor in a Bottle................
Valor is a beautiful oil blend composed of Rosewood, Blue Tansy, and
Frankincense, which has many applications. Its most notable attribute is
it's ability to balance and align the physical body. Valor is a very unique
oil blend that you will only find at Young Living Essential Oils. It is one
of the first oil blends I recommend you try especially if you are a natural
health practitioner or a massage therapist.

Valor is also good for balancing the electrical energies of the body. It is
the first oil used in the Raindrop Technique. It is wonderful for massage
therapists. Use it on the feet first. Let it work for 5-10 minutes before
you start the massage, then massage 5 or 6 drops into the back.

There are times when more than one oil is needed to help the body restore
proper balance. These oils, masterfully blended by Gary Young, create a
synergy not available in single oils. Oil molecules vibrate at frequencies
that match those found in the body. When the body is out of balance, oil
blends help the cells resonate at proper frequencies and restore stability.

Many Chiropractors have found that rubbing Valor on the feet before a
chiropractic adjustment may help facilitate skeletal system alignment. "I
made an interesting discovery about skeletal alignment with a formula I made
called Valor. I made the discovery while applying it to the bottom of a
person's feet. Valor has a very low frequency of 47 Hz, which works with
the skeletal frequency of the bones. The bones have an electrical frequency
of 45 Hz. These frequencies together allow the muscles and tendons to relax
and the bones and vertebrae to move and self-correct the skeletal
alignment." From Aromatherapy: The Essential Beginning, by D. Gary Young,
ND, (pgs 30 and 31)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Profound peacefulness using YLEO's during
the bodily passing of a child.............

Dear Group,
My wonderful son, Enoch who had Cerebral Palsy/Autism finished
his mission on earth yesterday
Thank you so much for your outpouring of love this week to me. I
appreciate all the wonderful emails full of comforting words and love.
I truly felt your prayers in our behalf. I have received so many
emails that I may not be able to answer them all but I do want you to
know how much they meant to me.
I would like to tell you a couple of experiences that we had using the
oils this week.
The first thing we did was diffuse Purification to cleanse the house.
Then we used Peace and Calming along with white candles. It was very
soothing and peaceful in our home this week.
Yesterday we went to dress our boy in white at the funeral home. It
was such a sweet experience. I took Frankincense, Myrrh, Spikenard and
Hyssop and anointed his body before we dressed him. The smell of the
oils gave everyone who entered the room a profound feeling of peace.
It was beautiful. It turned what could have been a traumatic and sad
experience into a beautiful and sweet experience.
Today at the viewing I diffused trauma life. I knew that it might be
hard for my children to see his body, as well as for other people who
loved him. Diffusing Trauma Life in the room was perfect as it also
gave my children a profound peace. I am so grateful for the oils which
assisted us so much this week. What a blessing they are in our lives!
As I removed the diffuser after the funeral, someone looked at the
diffuser and asked "What is that?" I told them it was a diffuser and I
was diffusing Trauma Life and essential oil blend. She looked at me, I
laughed and said, "This is who I am and this is what I do!"
Love Dr. LeAnne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: